WarGames

So Ernest Cline does an excellent job, building up the expectative in Ready Player One, about WarGames. The first time I heard about this movie was in the book Ready Player One, I did not understand the reference about this movie, it's supposed to be one of the favourites movies of one of the main characters. I was born in 1996 so this movie was a bit old for me. Being a guy who likes geek stuff this was so awesome for me. 

A professor of mine who is one of the professors who teaches me compilers told the class that this movie was one of the main reasons for him and most of the people he knows to study a major related with computer science. So we were watching a piece of history. At first, I was so amazed to watch those old computers, they were so big and yet for the age so powerful. I was intrigued by how they have all this set up they need to have to program. But not only I was intrigued by the computers, but I also was surprised about how a 14-year-oldish boy can almost start a war between Russia and the USA.

David was a "wayward boy" who did not like school and who was surprisingly smart with computers and geeky stuff.  We can see his set up in the movie, and his ability to enter the school system and being able to change his grade and Jennifer's grade to A. We can hear terms like back doors, enter to the system and among others who we still use until these days. It was a decent movie who shows you the programming world back then. So if you are into computer science you might like WarGames. Ten out of ten. 

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Ethical Reflection on Ready Player One

Understanding the SOLID principles