Ethical Reflection on Ready Player One

Morrow wrote in his autobiography that he’d left GSS because ... he felt that the OASIS had evolved into something horrible. “It had become a self-imposed prison for humanity,” he wrote. “A pleasant place for the world to hide from its problems while human civilization slowly collapses, primarily due to neglect.” (p. 120)

I deeply agree with this quote, I believe that the world would hide its problems inside Oasis, we can see that the world it's collapsing when you see the conditions in which Parzival was living on, he was living in a kinda dump. I'd love to test the Oasis and see how VR has grown. For me VR it's an incredible technology we can take advantage of, currently, I'm taking a class of VR and I can say I'm really impressed how much it has grown, it's really like if you are in another world. Sometimes I forget where I am and nowadays VR it's not as developed as in Ready Player One, so I understand how easy it can get to lost in the game. 

I can see virtues in the game, for example going to school, sometimes there are places where school never get to see the light, and for these cases, we can use Oasis to assist the school. Once I read that VR was helping people who suppose they cannot walk again, in VR they were walking and their brain changed with time and they started walking little by little.

We are not far from this world, or Oasis can be Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or any platform you can desire. Nowadays we see people immersed in these apps and getting lost for hours. I have seen in dinners where you are supposed to have fun and communicate with others, they are in their phones for hours, they don't even cross a word each other, it's a practice we're losing with time. It kinda freaks me out how technology can tear us apart.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

WarGames

Understanding the SOLID principles