Microservices

Today's blog is about Microservices architectural style, this refers to the approach of developing a single application as a suite of small services. As I was reading the article I really understood that I did not know anything about Microservices, I had a bearly idea about it but I was on the lost path. The authors give some characteristics of microservices and I will list them.

*Componentization via Services
*Organized around Business Capabilities
*Product not Projects
*Smart endpoints and dumb pipes
*Decentralized Governance
*Decentralized Data Management
*Design for failure
*Infrastructure Automation
*Evoluionary Design

Every one of these explains to us what the Microservice should have, I will explain some of them. 

*Componentization via Services: Components will be set up into libraries that will be broken down into services.

*Design for failure: Software must tolerate the failure of the external services

*Smart endpoints and dumb pipes: Endpoints should take care of all the domain logic, receiving the request, applying logic as an appropiate and producing response. 

*Decentralized Governance: Programmers should take advantage of any tool they have, they should be able to code in any given language.

*Decentralized Data Management: Let each service manage its own database.

I understood these concepts but I think with the practice I will learn them even more, I hope there is some final project or homework-related with the topic. And knowing my professor I know he will do his best to explain to us this topic.














Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

WarGames

Ethical Reflection on Ready Player One

Understanding the SOLID principles